Hello, I'm Rebecca...
I am an eclectic therapist which means that I work with different types of therapies in order to find the right fit for you as an individual; I am trained in many different types of therapies and techniques and will tailor the sessions to ensure that it is the most helpful to you.
I use my knowledge and training of a variety of different approaches such as Counselling, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Motivational Interviewing, Solution Focussed Therapy (SFT) and Person Centered Therapy - working predominantly with Hypnotherapy and NLP.
It is extremely important to me that my clients feel comfortable talking to me and feel able to trust me; therefore, I see the initial consultation as a chance for us to get to know each other and start building a therapeutic relationship.
Like many therapists, I have had therapy myself and have had both helpful and unhelpful experiences. I work transparently and see us both as equals in the therapeutic relationship, meaning that I will work alongside you rather than directing you.
I love my job and feel honoured to be able to work with so many different people to support them in achieving their goals.
No two therapy or training sessions are the same and I pride myself in creating bespoke treatment plans for each client.
I am committed to supporting my clients to achieve their goals in the most effective method and within a timely manner.
- First Class (Hons) BSc in Psychology with Counselling (2010)
- NVQ Information, Advice and Guidance (2011)
- Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector - Level 4 (2011)
- Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma, Diploma in NLP and Hypnotic Coaching (2012)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Post-graduate Diploma (2018)
- Multi-Systemic Therapy training (2012)
- Mental Health First Aid (2012)
- The Incredible Years parent training (2014)
- Introduction to Motivational Interviewing (2015)
- Cognitive Psychological First Aid (2017)
- Trauma and Resilience Training (2017)
- Addressing Adversity Conference (2017)
- Youth Connect 5 trainers programme (2017)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy - level 1 and level 2 (groups) (2017)
- Edward Jenner Leadership foundations (2019)
- An Introduction to Compassion focussed therapy (2019)
For further information on my training and qualifications - please feel free to view my LinkedIn profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/rebeccaclare/ (please note, this is my maiden name.)
Memberships and Accreditation:
I am a Registered Practitioner with the General Hypnotherapy Register, a graduate member of the British Psychological Society (BPS), and a student member of the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) meaning that I adhere to their strict codes of conduct.
I hold an advanced DBS check and attend regular Level 3 Safeguarding training.
I am fully insured to provide therapy and workshops by Balens Insurance.
I recieve monthly supervision from a CBT accredited supervisor and commit to developing my training and knowledge base with continual professional development.
I look forward to meeting you..