Hello, I'm Rebecca...
I am an eclectic therapist which means that I use aspects of different therapies in order to find the right fit for you as an individual; I believe that each client and each situation is different and so tailor each session to you and your requirements as best as I can.
I use my knowledge and training in different approaches such as Counselling, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Motivational Interviewing, Solution Focussed Therapy (SFT), Multi-systemic Therapy and Person Centered Therapy as well as Clinical Hypnotherapy and NLP to fit with your requirements.
It is extremely important to me that my clients feel comfortable talking to me and feel able to trust me; therefore, I see the initial consultation as a chance for us to get to know each other and start building a therapeutic relationship. Throughout the sessions, we will work towards your goals together and at your pace (perhaps with a gentle nudge of encouragement if needed:) )
I understand that coming to therapy can be nerve-wracking and so will spend time answering any questions you have as well as getting to know you and your goals. We will explore what has worked (and what hasn't) for you in the past so that we can try to move forward in a helpful way.
Like many therapists, I have had therapy myself and have had both helpful and unhelpful experiences. I work transparently and see us both as equals in the therapeutic relationship, meaning that I will work alongside you rather than directing you or telling you what to do.
I love my job and feel honoured to be able to work with so many different people to support them in achieving their goals.
No two therapy or training sessions are the same and I pride myself in creating bespoke treatment plans for each client.
For further information on my training and experience, please see below.
I look forward to meeting you..
- First Class (Hons) BSc in Psychology with Counselling (2010)
- NVQ Information, Advice and Guidance (2011)
- Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector - Level 4 (2011)
- Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma, Diploma in NLP and Hypnotic Coaching (2012)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Post-graduate Diploma (2018)
- MSc Investigative psychology (ongoing)
- Post-graduate certificate in Supervision skills (ongoing)
- Multi-Systemic Therapy training (2012)
- Mental Health First Aid (2012)
- The Incredible Years parent training (2014)
- Introduction to Motivational Interviewing (2015)
- Cognitive Psychological First Aid (2017)
- Trauma and Resilience Training (2017)
- Addressing Adversity Conference (2017)
- Youth Connect 5 trainers programme (2017)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy - level 1 and level 2 (groups) (2017)
- Edward Jenner Leadership foundations (2019)
- An Introduction to Compassion focussed therapy (2019)
- Coaching training (2019)
- Level 3 Safeguarding training (updated yearly)
For further information on my training and qualifications - please feel free to view my LinkedIn profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/rebeccaclare/ (please note, this is my maiden name.)
Memberships and Accreditation:
I am a Registered Practitioner with the General Hypnotherapy Register, a graduate member of the British Psychological Society (BPS), and am accredited by the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) meaning that I adhere to their strict codes of conduct.
I hold an advanced DBS check and attend regular Level 3 Safeguarding training.
I am fully insured to provide therapy and workshops by Balens Insurance.
I recieve monthly supervision from a CBT accredited supervisor and commit to developing my training and knowledge base with continual professional development.